- Submissions must be submitted through this website. All entries should be in jpeg format, and must have the image title and artist name as the file name (example: SunsetOverBeach_JaneDoe.jpg). You may submit as many images as you wish, however, there is a $10 fee per image submitted.
- Selected images will be displayed in Studio Altius for the SEEN 11 Art Exhibition. Finalists will be required to drop off the selected artwork framed and ready to hang with a single point hanging system on the back of each piece (a hanging wire across the back is preferable). All finished pieces must be no longer than 30 inches on the longest side including frame. All non-conforming pieces will not be accepted into the show and will be disqualified from the contest. National artists may ship their artwork to Studio Altius (822 Hanley Industrial Court, Brentwood, MO 63144) seeing that it arrives by March 3rd. If the artwork needs to be shipped back to the artist (if it is not sold), the artist must provide a return shipping label at the cost of the artist. Studio Altius is not responsible for any damage in shipping. Artwork not picked up or shipping labels not provided within 60 days of the close of the show will considered abandoned and will be donated.
- National artists will submit images without a category designation, St. Louis based artists will enter images within a category. All artists will be eligible to win all awards, except for the category winners (which are exclusive to St. Louis artists).
- Artwork selected for the exhibition will be offered for sale on a consignment basis, unless specified “not for sale” when dropping off the artwork. Photographer will set the price, Studio Altius will handle the transaction and delivery, and the photographer will be paid 70% of the sale price.
- St. Louis area artists selected for the show may submit up to 10 (ten) non-framed prints/lithos to be added for sale for no additional fee. These prints must be wrapped in plastic or bagged with a label containing the following information: artist name, title, contact information, price. These works do not need to be submitted for the application, but they will need to be dropped off at the same time as the finalist artwork drop-off on March 2nd and 3rd.
- We will be printing coffee table books including the finalist images and possibly other non-finalist images. Photographer information will be prominently displayed next to each image. Finalists will have the opportunity to purchase these books for a discounted price, some of the books will be awarded along with prizes, but no compensation will be given to artists for the use of these images. If you would prefer to have us exclude your images from this book, please select the appropriate box in the submission process.
- The person submitting the entry must own the copyright of the image (although the image does not have to be registered). Entrants under 18 years of age must submit a release from a parent or guardian. Entries will be evaluated based on appeal, content, composition, photographic skill, and representation of the designated category (for St. Louis artists). All entries must have been photographed in the calendar year of 2017. The decision of the judges is final. Studio Altius assumes no responsibility for submissions.
- SHOWCASE: Anyone who submits 6 or MORE pieces into the show is automatically entered into the Showcase. Based on the initial judging, we will use your six best images - category does not matter for Showcase. The lowest scoring piece (of your top 6) will go into the first round, the second lowest into the second round, etc. The Friday night Showcase event will be live head-to-head matchups based on the seeding of the brackets. We will digitally project the images in each matchup, allowing everyone in attendance on the Showcase Night to become the Showcase judges giving their opinion via ballots!
TO SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY PLEASE CHOOSE ONE:
SEEN 11 Photography Competition and Show
Copyright © 2017 Studio Altius. All rights reserved.